WELCOME TO MANIPAL
Manipal is located in the rocky hinterland of the fabled malabar coasts of southwest India, overlooking the Arabian sea, blessed graciously by mother nature with picturesque landscapes in plethora.
The founder of Manipal, late Padmashree Dr. T.M.A. Pai, gave a new filip to professional education with the starting of Manipal in 1953. Manipal institue of technology became Manipal University’s constituent institute in 2000.
MIT AS ORGANISERS
- First national level BAI Umpires Badminton championship in 2007.
- 5 star Karnataka state ranking Badminton tournament in 2008.
- Southzone and Inter zone Inter Univerity tournaments organised by Manipal University
- Tennis mens tournament (2010-2011)
- Cricket mens tournament (2010-2011)
- Badminton mens and womens tournament (2011-2012)
- MIT organized the State Table Tennis Ranking tournament at MIT.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Only engineering students pursuing BTech/MTech are allowed to participate.
- The events will be conducted as per the rules and regulations laid down for the event.
- For conducting any event, there should be a minimum of 8 entries in case of team events.
- The organisers will fix the venues for conducting the events.
- Whenever there is a match, the participating team/individual has to report to the officials 30 minutes prior to the start of the match.
- Any violation of the rules and regulations will be subjected to disciplinary actions.
- The participating teams shall wear the uniforms of their respective colleges.
- Every team must be accompanied by a staff member as the manager.
- List of players representing the team, duly signed by the head of the institution has to be submitted before playing the first match.
- Each member of a team participating in any event must carry an ID card issued by their institution.
- All matches will be conducted in a league/knockout fashion.
- No spot registrations for any event will be entertained.